**Cooking Channel May 2012 Highlights**
Cooking Channel Hits the Road in ‘Roadtrip with G. Garvin’
Plus: Four Primetime Specials and Two Themed Weeks
Cooking Channel starts summer with a series premiere, four primetime specials and two themed weeks. New series Roadtrip with G. Garvin takes viewers on a culinary expedition to taste the most delicious Southern-inspired cuisine America has to offer finding hidden gems and the people who make it happen on Tuesday May 29th at 9pmET/6pmPT.
Hot and Spicy themed week kicks off on Monday, May 7th at 8pmET/5pmPT with a week full of tongue-twisting episodes of Cooking Channel favorites. Roger Mooking gets personal in his Chefography Sunday, May 13th at 8pmET/5pmPT as he reveals his life journey and how his culinary chops evolved into a passion for not only food but also music. Cooking Channel heats up with Burger Theme Week beginning with an encore special Build a Better Burger on Monday, May 21st at 9pmET/6pmPT as Cooking Channel goes behind the scenes at the Build a Better Burger competition in California.
Rounding out a robust special lineup, Today’s Special: NY Indian tracks Aasif Madvi (The Daily Show with Jon Stewart) and Madhur Jaffrey on their expedition to taste the best Indian food in the New York City boroughs on Sunday, May 27th at 8pmET/5pmPT.
Roadtrip with G. Garvin: Premiering Tuesday May 29th at 9pmET/6pmPT
Acclaimed cookbook author, host and larger-than-life personality, Chef Gerry Garvin, aka ‘G.’, takes viewers on a tour of his native South, to explore the best eats this part of the country has to offer. Travelling to Atlanta, Houston, North Carolina, South Carolina and even New York, G. visits a different city each episode to discover the hidden gems and the people behind the magic. From traditional ethnic food and urban farms to BBQ pit masters extraordinaire, G.Garvin leaves no stone unturned in his quest to find the hottest, most delicious spots in the country.
Plus, get exclusive recipes from Chef Garvin inspired by his travels at CookingChannelTV.com.
Planet Food: Mexico: Premiering Monday, May 7th at 9pmET/6pmPT
Come along with Tyler Florence as he travels to Mexico, a nation filled with a tremendous variety of cultures, each with its own take on Mexican cuisine. Planet Food: Mexico explores the splendor, culture and delicious cuisine of this extraordinary country. Then visit http://www.cookingchanneltv.
Chefography: Roger Mooking: Premiering Sunday, May 13th at 8pmET/5pmPT
Roger Mooking is equal parts chef, television personality and musician all the while being a husband and a father to three girls. Roger juggles family life and his career with ease and grace and with his charming personality, there’s almost nothing Roger can’t accomplish. With three restaurants, two television shows and his own album, success is surely his for the taking.
Build a Better Burger: Premiering Monday, May 21st at 9pmET/6pmPT
The Sutter Home Vineyards in Napa Valley, Calif., is the stage for the Build a Better Burger competition. The competition is two-fold as competitors in beef and beef-alternative categories have just three hours each to grill up a mouthwatering masterpiece.
Today’s Special: NY Indian: Premiering Sunday, May 27th at 8pmET/5pmPT
Aasif Mandvi from The Daily Show with Jon Stewart joins culinary legend Madhur Jaffrey on a hilarious weekend tour of Indian cuisine within the boroughs of New York City. They hit Jaffrey’s favorite haunts from Manhattan cab stands to Little India in Jackson Heights, Queens, tasting the flavors of regional cuisine. Taking in all he’s learned, Aasif teams up with Chef Akhtar Nawab to create a fabulous birthday feast for his family and friends.
Hot & Spicy Themed Week: Monday, May 7th – Friday May 11th from 8-11pmET/5-8pmPT
Cooking Channel serves up tongue-torching episodes of fan favorites include Extra Virgin, Nadia G’s Bitchin’ Kitchen, Good Eats, Hook, Line & Dinner, Throwdown! With Bobby Flay and United Tastes of America. Test your penchant for heat with our spiciest recipes at CookingChannelTV.com.
Burger Themed Week: Monday, May 21st – Friday May 25th from 8-11pmET/5-8pmPT
Cooking Channel uncovers the joy of culinary creations between the bun with burger-themed episodes of Good Eats, Nadia G’s Bitchin’ Kitchen, Easy Chinese: San Francisco, Not My Mama’s Meals, United Tastes of America, Eat St., Unique Eats and Food(ography). Find great new burger ideas, including sensational toppings, different meats and mix-ins, and veggie burgers done right, at CookingChannelTV.com.
A Cook’s Tour
- Premiering Sunday, May 6th at 8am ET/5am PT – “My Hometown Favorites”
- Premiering Sunday, May 13th at 8am ET/5am PT – “My Life as a Cook”
- Premiering Sunday, May 20th at 8am ET/5am PT – “Highland Grub”
- Premiering Sunday, May 27th at 8am ET/5am PT – “A Pleasing Palate”
- Premiering Tuesday, May 15th at 8pm ET/5pm PT – “Deli-Icious Delights”
- Premiering Tuesday, May 29th at 8pm ET/5pm PT – “Global Gastronomy”
- Premiering Tuesday, May 1st at 9pm ET/6pm PT – “Cookbooks”
- Premiering Tuesday, May 8th at 9pm ET/6pm PT – “Hot & Spicy”
- Premiering Tuesday, May 15th at 9pm ET/6pm PT – “Noodles”
French Food at Home
- Premiering Saturday, May 5th at 12pm ET/9am PT – “Truckstop French”
- Premiering Saturday, May 12th at 12pm ET/9am PT – “Tribute to French Canada”
- Premiering Saturday, May 19th at 12pm ET/9am PT – “Picnic”
- Premiering Saturday, May 26th at 12pm ET/9am PT – “Stuffed”
Hook, Line & Dinner
- Premiering Thursday, May 3rd at 8pmET/5pmPT – “New York City”
- Premiering Thursday, May 10th at 8pmET/5pmPT –“Key West”
- Premiering Thursday, May 17th at 8pmET/5pmPT – “Bimini, Bahamas: Classic”
The Perfect 3
- Premiering Saturday, May 12th at 2:30pm ET/11:30am PT – “Mac n Cheese”
- Premiering Saturday, May 19th at 2:30pm ET/11:30am PT – “Meatballs”
- Premiering Saturday, May 26th at 2:30pm ET/11:30am PT – “Pizza”
- Premiering Sunday, May 6th at 10pm ET/7pm PT – “Craving Comfort”
- Premiering Sunday, May 13th at 10pm ET/7pm PT – “Seafood”
- Premiering Sunday, May 27th at 10pm ET/7pm PT – “Hot Spots”
- Premiering Sunday, May 6th at 10:30pm ET/7:30pm PT – “Neighborhood Gems”
- Premiering Sunday, May 13th at 10:30pm ET/7:30pm PT – “Sweet and Sticky”
FOOD NETWORK FAVORITES ON COOKING CHANNEL
Heat Seekers: Premieres Friday, May 4th at 10pmET/7pmPT
For chefs Aarón Sanchez and Roger Mooking, Heat Seekers is a tongue-testing odyssey to discover the most delicious and dangerously spicy food in the country – and figure out why it’s so much fun to eat. In each city, they discover the secrets of everything from Mexican to Korean to Indian cuisine then subject themselves to a test of who can handle the heat. Results are either tears of laughter or tears of pain – usually, it’s both.
What Would Brian Boitano Make?: Premieres Sunday, May 6th at 4:30pmET/1:30pmPT
Brian Boitano is about to do for cooking what he did for ice skating: inject an adrenaline shot of Olympic proportions. In every unpredictable episode, Brian hosts a get-together from his San Francisco home, taking the viewer inside his head as each dinner party becomes a mini-adventure. With a wink and a nod, What Would Brian Boitano Make? takes a light and fun approach to cooking, but always makes the food the true champion. His recipes are exciting, lovable and perfectly delicious… just like Brian.
Cinco de Mayo
Throw a kickin’ Cinco de Mayo party with the best Mexican recipes anywhere: perfectly-mixed Margaritas, creamy guacamole, spicy salsa , easy tacos, plus enchilada and fajita recipes that can’t be beat. Trying to stay slim for summer? Hungry Girl’s Guilt-Free Mexican Shopping List will keep your fiesta full of flavor but with half the calories. Olé!
Find all the recipes here: http://www.cookingchanneltv.
Mother’s Day Recipes
Whether Mom prefers breakfast in bed or a fresh spring meal, Cooking Channel has all the recipes needed to celebrate Mother’s Day. Browse best breakfast and brunch recipes or plan an impressive spring dinner in honor of Mom. Plus, get the best Mother’s Day dessert recipes, including an impressive no-bake strawberry cheesecake, perfectly piped cupcakes, and a Mother’s Day cake.
Gear Up for Grilling – New content available May 9th
May kicks off the grilling season, and Cooking Channel has the best recipes, tips, how-to’s and inspiration to keep viewers satisfied all season long. Cooking Channel serves up all the classic dishes from fan-favorite chefs, including Giada’s easy grilled chicken, Kelsey’s perfect peach pie, Chuck’s finger-licking baby back ribs and more. We’re also serving up new twists on grilling favorites, like grilling recipes from around the world, mouthwatering mojito recipes and more. Viewers can try their hand at BBQ with the regional guide that guarantees authentic flavors, and also get healthy grilling recipes, so fire up the grill, mix up a margarita and get ready for warmer weather.
- Bold Barbecue Recipes Get down to the basics of barbecue with the best rib recipes, master perfect barbecue chicken and get the top picks for homemade barbecue sauces, rubs, and more.
- Best Burgers and Grilled Main Dishes Spice up your next summer grill-out with the best burger recipes, or try a new take on grilled chicken, steak or fish. It’s all easier than ever with our grilling tips and no-fail recipes.
- Easy Summer Side Dishes There’s more to the meal than the main dish – round out outdoor menus with the best side dish recipes, from the classics like potato salad and pasta salad to new favorites like Mexican grilled corn and watermelon-tomato salad.
- Top Dessert Recipes Savor the sweet life with the best classic warm-weather desserts, including fruit pies, berry crisps, cobblers and homemade ice cream. Plus discover new ways to get a sugar fix, like spiked Jell-O, pie on a stick and the State Fair favorite, deep-fried candy bars.
- Best Drinks and Cocktails We’ve got the summer sips you crave, including margaritas, sangrias, and lemonade. Plus drinks you didn’t know you needed until now, like our spiked milkshakes and summertime punches.
- Healthy Seasonal Recipes Cooking Channel’s fresh takes on summer favorites trim the fat without sacrificing flavor, so you’ll be able to fit into that yellow polka dot bikini.
It’s time to Spice up May with zesty Cooking Channel programs! Thank you for reading Eatnlisten.com foodie blog and I hope that you have a happy Cinco de Mayo.