**Cooking Channel April 2012 Highlights**
Cooking Channel Hits the Road
with Three Primetime Specials
and a New Season of Unique Eats
Plus: Launch of Food Network’s ‘Crave’
Cooking Channel is on the move in April with three primetime specials and an exciting fifth season of extreme food discoveries on Unique Eats. Sunday nights in April, primetime specials take viewers on culinary journeys beginning with Reinventing the Meal on Sunday, April 1st at 8pmET/5pmPT as Richard Blais travels to San Francisco in pursuit of unique hole-in-the-wall foodie spots that inspire him to put his own spin on classic dishes.
Then, on Sunday, April 22nd at 8pmET/5pmPT, Married with Dishes follows New York-based Chef Tamara Reynolds and husband Karl on their adventure to Texas to taste German and Texan fusion cuisines. The travels continue on Sunday, April 29th at 10:30pmET/7:30pmPT with the season premiere of Unique Eats, as Cooking Channel uncovers the most innovative and amazing examples of modern dining.
Reinventing the Meal: Premiering Sunday, April 1st at 8pmET/5pmPT
Richard Blais travels to San Francisco to discover unique purveyors, off-the-beaten-path ethnic kitchens, and “wild card” foodie spots that inspire him to reinvent classic dishes with his own modern take.
Great Steak Challenge 2: Premiering Tuesday, April 10th at 9pmET/6pmPT
The Great Steak Challenge brings together two of America’s timeless and tastiest obsessions – steak and wine. In the beautiful Beringer vineyards in Napa Valley, ten amateur chefs from around the country go head-to-head for a $25,000 prize. Hosts Bobby and Jamie Deen, along with a panel of experts, will judge the best steak and Beringer wine combo and crown America’s best backyard griller.
Married with Dishes: Premiering Sunday, April 22nd at 8pmET/5pmPT
Queens, N.Y based Chef Tamara Reynolds and husband Karl have fed nearly all of New York City – in their backyard! Now, they’re taking their deliciously homegrown Sunday Night Dinners on the road. Their first stop: Fredericksburg, Texas where Germany and Texas collide in a bizarre confluence of cuisines. With just 48 hours to find a location, source ingredients and invite total strangers to dinner, Tamara and Karl have got their work cut out for them.
Unique Eats: Premiering Sunday, April 29th at 10:30pmET/7:30pmPT
Unique Eats spotlights America’s most exciting and revolutionary restaurants. It’s the first look and the last word in everything extreme in the food industry today. The locations range from high-end dining rooms to casual neighborhood treasures, and even roving eateries with no permanent addresses.
- Premiering Saturday, April 29th at 10:30pmET/7:30pmPT – “Eat Your Veggies” – SEASON PREMIERE!
Also, plan a Unique Eats road trip with our guide to all the locations featured on the show and find sample recipes to try at home at http://www.CookingChannelTV.
A Cook’s Tour
- Premiering Sunday, April 1st at 8amET/5amPT – “Vietnam: Food That Makes You Manly”
- Premiering Sunday, April 8th at 8amET/5amPT – “Cambodia: Eating on the Edge of Nowhere”
- Premiering Sunday, April 15th at 8amET/5amPT – “Traditional Tastes”
- Premiering Sunday, April 22nd at 8amET/5amPT – “So Much Vodka, So Little Time”
- Premiering Sunday, April 29th at 8amET/5amPT – “The French Laundry Experience”
David Rocco’s Amalfi Getaway
- Premiering Sunday, April 1st at 1:30pmET/10:30amPT – “Festa di Baldino”
- Premiering Sunday, April 8th at 3:30pmET/12:30pmPT – “Buon Gustaio”
- Premiering Sunday, April 15th at 3:30pmET/12:30pmPT – “Vino”
Drop 5 Lbs With Good Housekeeping
- Premiering Saturday, April 21st at 11amET/8amPT – “Start the Day Off Right”
- Premiering Saturday, April 28th at 11amET/8amPT – “Find Your Balance”
- Premiering Tuesday, April 3rd at 9pmET/6pmPT – “Outdoor”
- Premiering Tuesday, April 17th at 9pmET/6pmPT – “Street Food”
- Premiering Tuesday, April 24th at 9pmET/6pmPT – “Cheese”
- Premiering Thursday, April 26th at 8:30pmET/5:30pmPT – “Southern Food”
French Food at Home
- Premiering Saturday, April 7th at 12pmET/9amPT – “The Olive Show”
- Premiering Saturday, April 14th at 12pmET/9amPT – “French for Dieters”
- Premiering Saturday, April 21st at 12pmET/9amPT – “Celebratory Chocolate Desserts”
- Premiering Saturday, April 28th at 12pmET/9amPT – “Vegetarian”
Hook, Line & Dinner
- Premiering Thursday, April 5th at 8pmET/5pmPT – “Bimini, Bahamas: Adventure”
- Premiering Thursday, April 12th at 8pmET/5pmPT – “Kenai”
- Premiering Thursday, April 19th at 8pmET/5pmPT – “Seattle”
- Premiering Thursday, April 26th at 8pmET/5pmPT – “Baltimore”
Iron Chef America Countdown
- Premiering Tuesday, April 3rd at 10:30pmET/7:30pmPT – “Ultimate Comfort Food”
- Premiering Saturday, April 7th at 4:00pmET/1:00pmPT – “On The Go”
- Premiering Saturday, April 14h at 4:00pmET/1:00pmPT – “Sweet Treats”
- Premiering Saturday, April 21st at 4:00pmET/1:00pmPT – “Restaurant Inspiration”
- Premiering Saturday, April 28th at 4:00pmET/1:00pmPT – “Pickling Class”
Nadia G’s Bitchin’ Kitchen
- Premiering Wednesday, April 4th at 10pmET/7pmPT – “Fan-tastic Foods”
- Premiering Wednesday, April 11th at 10pmET/7pmPT – “Cheap & Chic”
- Premiering Wednesday, April 18th at 10pmET/7pmPT – “Bitchin’ Party Guide”
The Supersizers Go…
- Premiering Saturday, April 7th at 10pmET/7pmPT – “Wartime”
- Premiering Sunday, April 1st at 10:30pmET/7:30pmPT – “Breakfast Pastries”
- Premiering Sunday, April 8th at 10:30pmET/7:30pmPT – “Italian”
- Premiering Sunday, April 15th at 10:30pmET/7:30pmPT – “Brunch”
- Premiering Sunday, April 22nd at 10:30pmET/7:30pmPT – “Then and Now”
- Premiering Sunday, April 29th at 10:30pmET/7:30pmPT – “Frozen Treats”
FOOD NETWORK FAVORITE ON COOKING CHANNEL
Crave: Premieres Sunday, April 8th at 1pmET/10amPT
No doubt about it, Troy Johnson is obsessed with food. As a food critic and journalist in San Diego, he is constantly surrounded by culinary wonders. He’ll travel anywhere and try anything in pursuit of a new gastronomic passion. His expeditions shed light on how a particular dish or trend started, how it’s made, the science behind it, and even the loyal people as nuts about the flavor as he is. Once he gets going, Troy doesn’t stop until he’s fully uncovered every one of his newest food obsessions.
- Premieres Sunday, April 8th at 1pmET/10amPT – “Chocolate: The Dark Side of Delicious” Troy is crossing America in search of his ultimate chocolate gold. In San Francisco, where the artisans of chocolate reign supreme, Troy signs up for Chocolate 101 at Recchiuti. In Seattle, he learns the science behind the world’s most coveted bean, the cacao, and how its chocolate flavored goodness might not be all that bad. Then it’s off to Chicago, where Troy crosses paths with chocolate’s savory side.
Childhood Favorites, All Grown Up
CookingChannelTV.com serves up all your favorite comfort food recipes, but with a Cooking Channel spin. Get 15 twists on mac and cheese, Chuck Hughes’ best take on fried chicken, and more than 50 chocolate dessert recipes.
Last-Minute Ideas for St. Patrick’s Day
CookingChannelTV.com dishes out hot cross buns, Easter ham, the best spring recipes and more to help plan viewers plan their Easter holiday.
Yum! Now I’m craving some unique eats on Cooking Channel in April. Thank you for reading Eatnlisten.com foodie blog.