Cooking Channel September 2012 Highlights
Roger Mooking is Hot on the Culinary Trail in New Series Man Fire Food
Plus: New Seasons of ‘Nadia G’s Bitchin’ Kitchen’ and ‘Symon’s Suppers’
AND Back-to-School and Global Themed Digital Packages
Cooking Channel fires things up with the series premiere of Man Fire Food on Tuesday, September 18th at 10pm ET/7pm PT as heat-seeking guru Roger Mooking scours the country for innovative ways that Americans experiment with food and flames. From the Carolinas to the West Coast, Roger is on the lookout for pit masters who prepare feasts over homemade grills, campfires, and smokers. The following week, on Wednesday, September 26th at 10pm ET/7pm PT, hostess Nadia G returns to the primetime lineup with a rock-n-roll season premiere of Nadia G’s Bitchin’ Kitchen, serving up a belly-full of laughs and playful recipes.
Michael Symon also heads back to the kitchen in a new season of Symon’s Suppers on Thursday, September 13th at 9:30pm ET/6:30pm PT as he whips up his favorite treats for his friends and family. Cooking Channel takes a step out of the kitchen and ventures to the farmland in upstate New York, as Josh Kilmer-Purcell and Dr. Brent Ridge dive into the life of living on a not-so-ordinary farmwith their classic The Fabulous Beekman Boys on Thursday, September 20th at 10pm ET/7pm PT.
Man Fire Food: Premiering Tuesday, September 18th at 10pm ET/7pm PT
Man Fire Food features inventive ways Americans cook with fire – from small campfires to creative custom-made grills and smokers. Host Roger Mooking follows the smoke signals to the American South for different styles of regional barbecue, the Pacific Northwest for a tribal salmon bake, and New England for a unique seafood feast. Across the country, we visit home cooks, pit masters, and chefs who are fascinated by fire and food. Get top recipes and more from Roger Mooking at CookingChannelTV.com.
- Premiering Tuesday, September 18th at 10pm ET/7pm PT – “Feast Over Flame” – SERIES PREMIERE! The fires glow bright in the Carolinas. Roger visits Skylight Inn, a family-run restaurant in Ayden, N.C., that has been serving whole hog-style barbecue for 65 years. In Greer, S.C., five friends create an extravagant two-day, meat-filled feast called “Bovinova, Barn Yard Burn.” Six hundred hungry barbecue lovers come for the surf and turf paella, roasted chickens, roasted lamb, pigs and the main attraction, a whole roasted cow!
- Premiering Tuesday, September 25th at 10pm ET/7pm PT – “Fire Trucks” It’s a trip to Charleston, S. C. to visit the Big Red Rig, a bright red, double-decker, thirty-foot trailer tricked out with two massive smokers cooking traditional pulled pork, ribs and chicken for barbecue competitions across the country. Then, Roger is off to Columbia, S. C. to visit Bone-In Artisan BBQ, a hugely popular food truck that pushes the limits on taste, technique, and the definition of South Carolina-style barbecue.
Nadia G’s Bitchin’ Kitchen: Premiering Wednesday, September 26th at 10pm ET/7pm PT
- Premiering Wednesday, September 26th at 10pmET/7pmPT – “Office Lunches” Nadia G pokes fun at office dynamics and serves up a gourmet lunch for the office as she whips up Chipotle Barley Soup, Kalamata Chicken Sandwich and Maple Pecan Fudge dusted with Cayenne pepper for kick.
New to Nadia G’s Bitchin’ Kitchen? Visit CookingChannelTV.com/bitchin-kitchen for a quick tutorial on who’s who in Nadia’s crew.
Symon’s Suppers: Premiering Thursday, September 13th at 9:30pm ET/6:30pm PT
- Premiering Thursday, September 13th at 9:30pm ET/6:30pm PT -”Mom’s Recipes” Michael Symon’s parents are in the kitchen, stirring up memories and Mom’s best recipes. First up, one of Mama Symon’s specialties: Italian Braised Beef with Root Vegetables and Rigatoni. On the side, they whip up Greek Feta and Cucumber Salad, and for dessert, Baklava is on the menu.
- Premiering Thursday, September 20th at 9:30pm ET/6:30pm PT – “Pork Tenderloin” Michael Symon shows that a crowd-pleasing meal can come together in a snap with his secret weapon, Grilled Pork Tenderloin. Michael visits his butcher to see exactly where the pork tenderloin comes from and purchases a slab bacon for his delicious Braised Cabbage side dish. To drink, he serves up a pitcher full of refreshing Cucumber Jalapeno Margaritas.
- Premiering Thursday, September 27th at 9:30pm ET/6:30pm PT – “Better with Bacon” Michael Symon celebrates the virtues of bacon in a surprisingly balanced menu that includes dessert. Michael visits his butcher for house-smoked bacon to use in his meal which includes Double Trouble Meatloaf; Peas and Bacon; and fudgey Bacon and Pecan Brownies. He also gets a tour of an artisanal chocolate factory to source the perfect bittersweet chocolate bar.
NEW TO COOKING CHANNEL
The Fabulous Beekman Boys: Premiering Thursday, September 20th at 10pm ET/7pm PT
Josh Kilmer-Purcell and Dr. Brent Ridge just moved from New York City to Beekman Farm in upstate New York, where they’re raising 80 goats, two pigs, a dozen chickens and a narcissistic llama. They’re learning that the “simple life” isn’t so simple.
Get a sneak peek of what to expect this season including baby goats and a narcissistic llama all at CookingChannelTV.com/fabulous-beekman-boys.
FOOD NETWORK FAVORITE ON COOKING CHANNEL
Heat Seekers: Premiering Tuesday, September 18th at 10:30pm ET/7:30pm PT
For chefs Aarón Sanchez and Roger Mooking, Heat Seekers is a tongue-testing odyssey to discover the most delicious and dangerously spicy food in the country and figure out why it’s so much fun to eat. In each city, the duo discovers the secrets of everything from Mexican to Korean to Indian cuisine then determines who can handle the heat. What results are either tears of laughter or tears of pain – usually, it’s both.
ON-AIR THEME WEEK
Go Global Week: Sunday, September 9th – Friday, September 14th from 8-11pm ET/5-8pm PT
Cooking Channel dives into cuisines from all over the world every night for a week with premieres of Not My Mama’s Meals, Symon’s Suppers and Eden Eats. Plus, encore episodes of fan-favorite shows.
- Premiering Tuesday, September 4th at 8pm ET/5pm PT – “The Truck Stops Here”
Luke Nguyen’s Greater Mekong
- Premiering Saturday, September 1st at 12:30pm ET/9:30am PT – “Xishuangbana, China”
- Premiering Saturday, September 8th at 12:30pm ET/9:30am PT – “Yangon, Myanmar”
- Premiering Saturday, September 15th at 12:30pm ET/9:30am PT – “Inle Lake, Myanmar”
- Premiering Saturday, September 22nd at 12:30pm ET/9:30am PT – “Keng Tung, Myanmar”
- Premiering Saturday, September 29th at 12:30pm ET/9:30am PT – “Chiang Khong, Thailand”
Not My Mama’s Meals
- Premiering Wednesday, September 5th at 9pm ET/6pm PT – “Smoke ‘Em If You Got ‘Em”
- Premiering Wednesday, September 12th at 9pm ET/6pm PT – “Mexican Made Healthy”
- Premiering Wednesday, September 19th at 9pm ET/6pm PT – “Good Morning Sunshine!”
- Premiering Wednesday, September 26th at 9pm ET/6pm PT – “Comfort Food”
- Premiering Sunday, September 2nd at 10pm ET/7pm PT – “Houston Weekend”
Celebrate Oktoberfest With Cooking Channel
Can’t make it to Germany for this year’s Oktoberfest? Host a party of your own to celebrate the festival with the help of Cooking Channel. Get top beer picks from the experts, plus authentic German recipes, like Potato Beer Soup, Wiener Schnitzel, Beer-Braised Brisket, Pretzel Rolls and more. Get all the recipes at CookingChannelTV.com/German.
Gear Up for Back to School
Whether you’re packing lunches for your kids or just looking to mix up your own lunchtime routine, visit CookingChannelTV.com for some brilliant brown-bagging lunch ideas, plus get Cooking Channel’s best recipes for the ultimate lunch item – the sandwich. And when it’s time for the annual bake sale, get top bake sale packaging ideas and the best bar cookie recipes to ensure your treats go like hot cakes.
Source: Cooking Channel
Thank you for reading Eatnlisten.com foodie blog.